People & Organisations: Writ 1 Assignment Brief Semester 2 19/20
There are four sections within your coursework, each with a set of questions to be answered. Each section has a recommended word count, with a tolerance of +/- 10%. The word count reflects the proportion of marks awarded for each question. They are designed to reflect the range of topics covered during the module and there will be plenty of opportunity for peer review and generic feedback on your written work as we progress through the module. It is therefore to your advantage to bring drafts of your written work to seminars when instructed to do so. You are much less likely to pass this assessment if you have not undertaken a range of reading related to each of our weekly topics.
You should compile your work in report format, and may use a range of headings and sub-headings, graphs, charts and diagrams to illustrate your work. You must include reference to academic theory or models, contemporary good practice throughout each question. You must answer all questions.
Section 1: Organisation Structure, Culture and Behaviour
- Compare and contrast two different organisations to critically examine the culture and structure in each organisation, explaining, with reference to academic theory and models, how each employs the concepts of structural and cultural differentiation to its advantage. You should choose one public sector organisation from your home country, and one MNC (multi-national corporation). You may use tables, charts and bullet points to support your answer. Approx 1000 words. 40 marks available (Learning outcomes 2 and 4)
- What impact do you perceive that organisation structure and culture have upon the ways in which leaders, managers and employees behave in these companies? (Learning Outcomes 2,3 and 4) Approx 600 words. 25 marks available
Section 2: Drivers of organisational Change
- Using the MNC chosen for the task above, create a PESTEL table which explains the specific drivers of change for this particular organisation. Select two or three of the key change drivers to examine in more detail. 400 word equivalent 15 marks available (Learning outcomes 1 and 2)
On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Critically analyse key theoretical approaches to the management of change with reference to structure, culture, conflict and managing self
- Critically examine organisational behaviour in a variety of contexts and develop discussion based on complex scenarios and the changing external environment
- Develop, explore and critique human resource management approaches in these contexts with reference to contemporary theory and an understanding of current practice
- A conceptual understanding of the core theories in understanding people and their role in organisations
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions