Introduction to Oil and Gas Environment
Submit this coursework through the Student Portal with a Turn-it-in Report
Word Limit: 2,000 words (Plus or minus 10%)
Learning outcomes assessed:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of key divisions in an oil and gas sector organisation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the competitive elements in each division or department
- Discuss the contribution to communities of oil and gas sector activities, the requirements for performance reporting and the value of branding and marketing
- Understand the significance of the environment to the success of a business
This coursework is worth 100% of the total marks for this module.
Please read carefully
• Carefully read the module handbook, the marking criteria and the grade descriptors.
You are responsible for ensuring you understand the policy and regulations about academic misconduct. You must:
• Complete this work alone except where required or allowed by this assignment briefing paper and ensure it has not been written or composed by or with the assistance of any other person.
• Make sure all sentences or passages quoted from other people’s work in this assignment (with or without trivial changes) are in quotation marks, and are specifically acknowledged by reference to the author, work and page.
Choose one out of the four companies listed below.
- Statoil ASA
- TOTAL SA
In a 2,000 word report:
- Determine the roles and responsibilities and examine the competitive elements within one division (upstream, midstream or downstream) of the chosen company. (LO1 & 2) [35 marks]
- Using the two elements listed below assess the current developments of the chosen company. (LO3)
- Describe the achievements or/and failures within the environmental and technological fields. [33 marks]
- Discuss in details one project based anywhere in the world which is run/managed by the chosen company and makes a contribution to the community. (LO4) [32 marks]
- Your interpretations and conclusions from your researchers are fundamental. Supporting your arguments in a robust and objective manner will qualify for better marks than a simple re-statement of the data and opinion found in the research.
Total marks for assignment: 100
End of Assignment Brief
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions