INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
In Part A: you should answer ALL ten questions.
In Part B: these questions should be answered with reference to the IKEA case study which you provided with this file.
Please note that higher marks will be given where the paper as a whole reflects:
- Independent thought and ability to apply international supply chain concepts to the scenario
- A structured approach that utilises appropriate terminology and relevant models and frameworks where necessary
- A good balance between the practical and theoretical aspects
- Extended reading around the topic
- Accuracy and clarity of style in presenting answers
Part A – you should answer ALL ten questions.
- Discuss the challenges that organisations face in forecasting across the supply chain
- Identify what benefits an organisation can achieve from effective management of its suppliers.
- Identify what actions an organisation might take to increase its corporate social responsibility in the supply chain.
- Identify factors that have encouraged the growth of outsourcing.
- Identify factors that may influence the design of a logistics distribution network.
- Discuss what challenges may be faced when negotiating internationally.
- Identify barriers to introducing a knowledge management system across supply chain organisations.
- Explain the challenges that organisations face in balancing supply and demand.
- Analyse the importance of information flows in the supply chain.
- Explain how buying services may be more challenging than buying goods.
Part B – Questions relate to IKEA case study provided (answer all four with the reference to the case study).
- Critically analyse the role that supply chain plays in supporting its organisational strategies.
- Critically analyse the issues encountered with integration of the supply chain.
- Critically assess an approach to corporate social responsibility and how that affects competitive advantage.
- Critically assess management of supply chain risks.
END OF PAPER
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions