Individual Assignment (30% of the coursework grade)
Upon completing this assignment, students will be able to:
- Understand the nature and process of negotiation
- Explain and apply the concepts and skills in achieving negotiation effectiveness in real-life situations
- Present their written ideas clearly and effectively
Identify and explain the skills or problems contributing to the outcome in a negotiation situation, of which you may choose from One of these THREE options.
Option A: One negotiation scenario of you;
Option B: Interview someone who shares his/her experience of ONE negotiation situation.
Option C: One negotiation scenario in the news which was published on or after July 1, 2019.
The report should cover the following (suggested report headings in brackets):-
- Explain why negotiation took place in the scenario. (Introduction)
- Identify and explain THREE good or poor negotiation techniques/skills that affected the negotiation outcome. (Analysis)
- Suggest one technique or approach which may be applied for improving the negotiation outcome. (Recommendation)
- The report should be written in less than 600 words, excluding cover page and appendices
- Appendices: For option A and B, please attach the full description of your personal negotiation experience or the interview scripts as supporting documents; for Option C the news (local or non-local; English or Chinese) must be printed in the appendices to show the date and source of publishing. Assignment without the appendices of supporting materials will not be marked.
- Make a cover page for your assignment which contains all the information of your personal particulars (Name, Student No., Class, Tutorial Group and Your Instructor’s Name)
- Typed on A-4 size paper, 1 inch margin on all sides, font size of 12, Times New Roman
- Double line spacing
- References are optional.