This assignment is designed to test your knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain design, planning and implementation in the global context. Learners should write a minimum of 3500 words, however some questions may require detailed explanations hence taking the learners beyond the minimum word limit.
NOTE: -. You must support your answers with evidence from acknowledged academic sources. Personal experiences can also be used to illustrate the application of a topic/theory, but the participants must still provide evidence from acknowledged sources to support their answers. The training sessions and activities conducted during classes are not the only sources of information. You are encouraged to draw on as many appropriate sources as you can. The more you engage with the literature of the topic, the better the likelihood of achieving a higher grade/ award.
Assignment Task 1: [100 Marks]
Read the following Scenario, and prepare a report with the guidelines provided.
Scenario: Gartner, Inc. has released the results of its annual supply chain top 25, identifying supply chain leaders and highlighting their best practices. After seven consecutive years of scoring in the top five of the Supply Chain Top 25, Unilever joined Apple, P&G, Amazon and McDonald’s in the "Masters" category, which Gartner introduced in 2015 to recognize sustained leadership over the last 10 years. The 2019 annual supply chain top 25 leaders are available at: -
Learners must select any organisation from the above list of global supply chain top 25 leaders and develop a report, proposing strategies to reconfigure the supply network design. By answering the questions below in the form of a report, learners should clearly be able to analyze the paradigm shift from anticipation to response-based models. Learners should also be able to adopt the Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment techniques to enhance supply chain decisions in the chosen organization.
The report should include the following:
- Executive Summary (5 marks)
- Introduction of the Chosen Organization and background to the need for supply network design change. (7 marks)
- Explain any two supply network configurations which can be explored and evaluate the relevance of these models to the chosen organization. (8 marks)
- Evaluate the factors that must be considered as the organization adopts a Response based business model. (10 marks)
- Assuming you are the new Supply Chain director of the organization, what procurement strategies should be implemented? Strategies recommended must contribute to transition from a push based to a pull-based system if required. (10 marks)
- How can the adoption of a Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment [CPFR] concept contribute to both reactive and proactive response models mentioned above in the context of the organization’s circumstances? (15 marks)
- Develop the SCOR model to monitor and improve supply chain decisions in the chosen organisation.(15 marks)
- Examine and discuss the cross- functional supply chain drivers of the chosen organisations business model (15 marks)
- Conclusions and recommendations (10 marks)
- Harvard referencing and citations (5 marks)