Letter is a way of classified communication between two parties or individual. It encloses information that should be shared between concerned people only. A business letter contains confidential concerns that cannot be discussed generally and can be documented easily so that the concerned one have proof or guarantee of such discussion in hand and this is also a main difference business letter and other latters because they are treated as legal document. That’s why dealing through business letters is appreciated in organisations, business environments and in other administrative needs.
Writing a professional business letter is not difficult once you know key points of a business letter. We should know how to describe the body of a business letter. First thing first, in a professional business letter first word of a text must be capital and whole text must be left aligned and after each paragraph, there must be one blank line which means the succeeding paragraph mustn’t start with the next line of preceding paragraph. The body of the business letter consists of three paragraphs .first paragraph consist of the introduction of yours and slight discussion on the topic of the letter. Then there is another paragraph which contains details about the purpose of writing it. In this paragraph, we provide history or background of purpose of the letter and elaborate our concerns regarding the topic and provide details about problems and as well as suggestions what could be done better in the third paragraph we summaries our discussion to sensible conclusion and makes it clear to recipient what we actually want him to do.
Nuts And Bolts of Writing a Business Letter
- Address reader formally like Mr., Miss or Mrs.
- In writing business letter use of contraction like aren’t, shouldn’t, it’s and won’t is not appreciated.
- Always try to address a single person and not to company or organization so that your letter should be well received and entertained.
- Use subject line so that reader quickly knows about the topic of your letter content.
- Font of the letter must be easy to read and always use single spacing.
- Always justify your discussion to the audience of the letter by adding dates, discussion, and conversation that are relevant to the project or topic of the letter.
- Must provide contact information like e-mail, fax and phone number etc.
- At the end of a letter choose you salutation carefully because they vary on the basis of person you are addressing. There are different salutation if the letter is for your boss, employee and for any other person whom you do not know very well. These salutations can be: sincerely, yours truly, yours respectfully, kind regards and best regards etc.
- Use colon with salutation if use readers last name and comma if readers first name.
- Never forget to indicate about enclosures if you have attached any documents in the letter.
These are some guidelines that could help you to write your business letter In a formal way if you keep in mind the above outlined key points.
If you are stuck with your professional business letter, then use letter writing service available in the UK and all across the world to get instant help.